Responsibilities and Duties
- Working in conjunction with the Sanitation Manager, supervises the sanitation activities for the plant. Directly responsible for the sanitation technicians during your shift.
- Immediately report all food safety and quality issues to Plant and QA Management.
- Primarily responsible for titrating and documenting chemicals prior to cleans and sanitations to ensure compliance with safe chemical concentrations.
- Have a standing daily meeting with the Sanitation Manager to discuss prior days events and activities.
- Lead and direct sanitation technicians in order to effectively complete the clean and sanitation process to return the plant to production on time.
- Ensure proper completion of MSS sheets, on a daily basis, in order to be in compliance with SQF, FDA, and USDA requirements.
- Coordinate with the Sanitation Manager, and Operations on weekly and monthly cleanings of items such as ceilings, walls, trailers, drains, etc.
- Communicate effectively with QA in order to get equipment swabbed and released back to production.\
- Ensure all equipment is clean and sanitary for food production.
- Responsible for creating a smooth transition and communication between night and day shift sanitation crews.
- Work directly with the chemical supplier on weekly service visits to resolve sanitation findings.
- Have a working knowledge of the QT9, Quality Management System.
- Other duties as assigned by the Sanitation Manager or Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety.Directs the workforce by providing a daily schedule for the Sanitation Department and any other duties assigned by management
- Experience in GMP’s and SOP’s
- Must be self directed and able to work without close supervision – position requires high energy and motivation and a strong desire to drive positive changes.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish (a plus)
- Must be physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant. Must be capable of either reaching, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing and pulling on a frequent basis.
- Capable of lifting and moving items weighing up to 50 lbs and be able to wear PPE for extended periods of time
Urban Farmer is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristics protected by law. #urbanfarmercareers #urbanfarmer #urbanfarmerfamily