Urban Farmer, Industry-leading specialty dough innovator with proprietary formulations – manufacturer of a highly differentiated and growing portfolio of plant-based, specialty dough products including better-for-you (“BFY”) pizzas, crusts, flatbreads, breadsticks, cheese bread, empanadas, tortillas, and sandwich buns seeking Product Developer.
Daily you will work within a team on development, quality and regulatory initiatives of their food products and portfolio .
- Innovation of new products and processes
- Improving the quality of existing products
- Collaboration with other cross-functionally work
- New Product Development / Product Improvement and Cost reductions
- Prepares prototype and line extensions products using Innovation Kitchen and Manufacturing
- Line Equipment as required.
- Plans, organizes and completes projects
- Selects and evaluates raw materials for projects
- Operates and maintains innovation kitchen equipment
- Ensures & Maintains the work environment is sanitary, safe and orderly
- Overseeing sample request projects and completing in a timely manner based on customer requests
Completing other tasks as requested by management
Candidates should feel comfortable being on the manufacturing floor up to 20% of their day. This is primarily a day shift position, with some needs for off-shift activity to complete test runs, with minimal travel requirements. Candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, enjoy being hands-on and be able to take ownership of their projects.
Requirements for the Food Developer:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in food science, biology, microbiology, or chemistry related field
- Experience working in similar food manufacturing roles in quality, lab and/or R&D environments
- Experience with GMPs
- Experience with HACCP
- Strong computer skills, including Windows environments and Microsoft Office Word and Excel
Why work for this organization:
- Opportunity for future advancement
- Competitive benefits,
- A great company culture, with the opportunity to make an impact
|Job Category||Innovation and R&D|