The Director of Food Safety and Quality is responsible to lead the team in the developing and maintaining of quality and food safety standards for the company, with adherence to both internal and external standards. This position has a direct responsibility on food safety, quality and regulatory standards.
- In the event of extended leave or absence the QA Manager will be utilized to ensure continuity of essential tasks.
- SQF Practitioner
- HACCP Team Leader
- Internal Lead Auditor
- Organic and Gluten-free programs manager
- Company contact with regulatory, kosher, organic and gluten-free certification organizations
- Department ownership for Plant Quality, Corporate Quality and Sanitation
- Responsible for establishment of strategic quality plans
- Lead the maintenance and continuous improvement of the Food Safety Plan and quality initiatives as required to conform to food safety regulations and customer requirements.
- Ensure management of food safety plan in accordance with FSMA’s preventive controls for human food.
- Maintain knowledge of SQF System updates and keep abreast of regulatory changes pertaining the food industry
- Ensure the management of HACCP, Allergen Control, Pest Prevention, and EMP programs
- Ensure the verification and validation activities of all food safety programs in compliance with SQF and FSMA.
- Delegate ownership of SQF programs as required.
- Communication of all essential information to facility staff in relation to Food Safety, Food Quality and customer satisfaction
- Lead the team of internal auditors in the execution of scheduled SQF systems internal audits as well as monthly internal inspections/ GMP and sanitation audits.
- Management and auditing of Organic as well as Gluten-free programs.
- Monitor Gluten program and initiate appropriate corrective-preventive actions
- Introduce, develops, maintains and periodically updates QA procedures, manuals and objectives.
- Trains and motivates subordinates in the performance of their duties.
- Ensure compliance with Approved Supplier Program.
- Lead investigation of customer complaints and root cause determination leading to appropriate corrective and preventive actions.
- Monitor, verify and validate Sanitation & GMP procedures for the plant.
- Summarize technical data to identify defect trends and corrective actions
- Responsible for disposition of all held product with input from the Plant Manager as needed
- Acts as liaison for all technical and QC issues between operations and sales departments
- Ensure management of regulatory, third party and customer audits.
- Oversee the training requirements of the staff
- Ultimate responsibility of Food safety and Quality company wide
- Education: BS of Science or related field.
- Knowledge of laboratory activities to include microbiological testing
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to train and teach others.
- Excellent knowledge of food manufacturing systems.
- Solid understanding of food safety.
- Experience with government regulatory requirements in food processing.
- Knowledge in the development and implementation of the following programs: HACCP, Sanitation, Good Manufacturing Practices, Pest Management, Allergen Management, FDA and USDA Regulatory requirements, 3rd party audit standards preferably SQF
- Computer knowledge to include Microsoft excel and Word.
Urban Farmer is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories. We value the diversity of our workforce. Urban Farmer values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Required to pass a pre-employment drug screen. Must be eligible to work in the USA – We participate in E-Verify.
#urbanfarmercareers #urbanfarmer #urbanfarmerfamily
|Job Category||Quality Assurance|