Performs wide variety of functions related to Accounts Payable. Responsibilities include vendor invoice entry, payment processing and resolution of payment issues with the Vendors.
- Reviews all Non PO invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Processes 3 way PO matching invoices for timely payments. Routes invoice for approval and processing if required.
- Communicates with inventory and purchasing departments to resolve Pricing and quantity issues for PO invoices.
- Prioritizes invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Processes check requests.
- Accuracy is extremely important.
- Communicates with Vendors by phone and e-mail to resolve invoice issues.
- Assists in Internal and External audit requirements.
- Assists in Employees’ Expense processing.
- Maintains files and documentation in accordance with the company document retention policy, includes filing invoices, arranges batches for scanning and prepares boxes for off-site storage.
- Helps with vendor set up/change in vendor information ( request w9/1099 information from new vendors).
- Assists with special projects, as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ relevant experience; required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Prior experience in a corporate Accounts Payable department, prefered.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel & Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to plan, organizes, prioritize, and achieve effective time management.
- Solid work ethic with a high level of energy ( “roll-up-sleeves” approach).
Urban Farmer is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. Required to pass a pre-employment drug screen. Must be eligible to work in the USA – We participate in E-Verify.
#urbanfarmercareers #urbanfarmer #urbanfarmerfamily