- Working in conjunction with the Quality Assurance Manager, supervises the quality assurance activities for the plant, to include, sanitation, WIP and finished product analysis, package
integrity testing, HACCP/GMP and process control. Directly responsible for the quality assurance floor technicians.
- Manage plant audits for GMP’s, and other housekeeping programs and coordinate improvement activities with management
- Overview/supervise the HACCP plans/records, review HACCP and Quality Control documentation to ensure CCP’s and QCP’s have been met.
- Assist technicians in resolving Quality Assurance issues
- Should be on the production floor 75% of the time
- Review daily in-process values for customer specification compliance
- Provide a daily production Quality report to the management team.
- Complete and provide updates on the daily hold log to upper management
- Working in conjunction with the Quality Assurance Manager responsible for conducting and completing mock recall exercises.
- Immediately report all food safety and quality issues to Plant and QA management
- Mange QC lab inventory
- Manage sample submission to 3rd Party Laboratories
- Investigate, report, and formulate corrective action plans on Plant and QA management
- GMP, HACCP, Food Defense and Food Safety training for QC techs/contractors/temps
- Overview/supervise records for all the pre-requisites program
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finished goods, stability samples
- Assists with audits as needed
- Supervise Hold & Release program to assure all policies, procedures are followed
- Responsible for COA database
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Have a working knowledge of the QT9, Quality Management System
- Responsible for being the backup SQF Practitioner in the absence of the Quality Assurance Manager
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager or Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety.
Urban Farmer is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories. We value the diversity of our workforce. Urban Farmer values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Required to pass a pre-employment drug screen. Must be eligible to work in the USA – We participate in E-Verify.
#urbanfarmercareers #urbanfarmer #urbanfarmerfamily