- Working in conjunction with the Quality Assurance Manager, supervises the quality assurance activities for the plant, to include, sanitation, WIP and finished product analysis, package
integrity testing, HACCP/GMP and process control. Directly responsible for the quality assurance floor technicians.
- Manage plant audits for GMP’s, and other housekeeping programs and coordinate improvement activities with management
- Overview/supervise the HACCP plans/records, review HACCP and Quality Control documentation to ensure CCP’s and QCP’s have been met.
- Assist technicians in resolving Quality Assurance issues
- Should be on the production floor 75% of the time
- Review daily in-process values for customer specification compliance
- Provide a daily production Quality report to the management team.
- Complete and provide updates on the daily hold log to upper management
- Working in conjunction with the Quality Assurance Manager responsible for conducting and completing mock recall exercises.
- Immediately report all food safety and quality issues to Plant and QA management
- Mange QC lab inventory
- Manage sample submission to 3rd Party Laboratories
- Investigate, report, and formulate corrective action plans on Plant and QA management
- GMP, HACCP, Food Defense and Food Safety training for QC techs/contractors/temps
- Overview/supervise records for all the pre-requisites program
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finished goods, stability samples
- Assists with audits as needed
- Supervise Hold & Release program to assure all policies, procedures are followed
- Responsible for COA database
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Have a working knowledge of the QT9, Quality Management System
- Responsible for being the backup SQF Practitioner in the absence of the Quality Assurance Manager
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager or Director of Quality Assurance and Food Safety.
Urban Farmer is an Equal Opportunity and At-Will Employer. Required to pass a pre-employment drug screen. Must be eligible to work in the USA – We participate in E-Verify.
#urbanfarmercareers #urbanfarmer #urbanfarmerfamily