Urban Farmer, the Industry-leading specialty dough innovator with proprietary formulations – manufacturer of a highly differentiated and growing portfolio of plant-based, specialty dough products including better-for-you (“BFY”) pizzas, crusts, flatbreads, breadsticks, cheese bread, empanadas, tortillas, and sandwich buns seeking Food Technologist. Daily you will work within a team on development, quality and regulatory initiatives of their food products and portfolio .
- Creating prototype products
- Managing the final product cost
- Maintaining current FDA and USDA labeling requirements
- Overseeing sample request projects and completing in a timely manner based on customer requests
- Finding cost reductions
- Troubleshooting quality, processing and raw material concerns
- Scheduling and overseeing test runs
- Working on product development projects
- Developing and maintaining supplier and customer relationships
- Communicating with all levels of the organization on test, R&D and development initiatives
- Maintain a customer ready R&D Lab environment.
Completing other tasks as requested by management
should feel comfortable being on the manufacturing floor up to 20% of their
day. This is primarily a day shift position, with some needs for off-shift
activity to complete test runs, with minimal travel requirements.
Candidates should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have
excellent written and verbal communication skills, enjoy being hands-on and be
able to take ownership of their projects. This is a salary position with
Requirements for the Food Technologist:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in food science, biology, microbiology, or chemistry related field
- Experience working in similar food manufacturing roles in quality, lab and/or R&D environments
- Experience with GMPs
- Experience with HACCP
- Strong computer skills, including Windows environments and Microsoft Office Word and Excel
Why work for this organization:
- Opportunity for future advancement
- Competitive benefits,
- A great company culture, with the opportunity to make an impact
Urban Farmer is an Equal Opportunity Employer EEO and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories. We value the diversity of our workforce. Urban Farmer values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses. Required to pass a pre-employment drug screen. Must be eligible to work in the USA – We participate in E-Verify.